With private capital assets under management (AUM) exceeding US$11.9trn in 2021* – an increase of 50% over the last two years – the latest edition of Private Capital Insights discusses the continued global growth and impact of private funds, and explores the drivers of future demand across direct lending, infrastructure, real estate, private equity, distressed debt, structured credit, and growth capital.
The market study examines credit funds’ appetite for increasingly significant unitranche deals, and how new entrants in the direct lending space are changing the market dynamics alongside bank lenders and the public markets. The report also looks at the convergence between the private equity and private credit markets to offer hybrid instruments across the capital structure, and discusses the importance of ESG to asset managers both in initial deal diligence and throughout the lifetime of investments.
The report covers a range of topics that will continue to shape the global market in 2022, including:
- Structured credit – Impact of record CLO issuance, continued embedding of ESG, and a benign regulatory environment for the growth of the sector
- Direct lending – Drivers behind the convergence of deal terms
- Infrastructure – The increasing convergence of renewables, digital infrastructure, and other asset classes
- Investment funds – SEC’s heightened focus on private funds
- Real estate – Emerging investment themes: from “sheds and beds” to premium office and…