STOCKHOLM, May 13, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — EQT AB (publ) (“EQT”) has reached an agreement to acquire Redwood Capital Group (“RCG”), a residential core plus and value-add investment manager headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, USA, strengthening EQT Exeter’s position as a global leader across sheds, beds and meds.
- As a vertically integrated, geographic- and sector-focused specialist, the combination of EQT Exeter’s multifamily group with RCG will enable expanded deal flow, allowing the combined team to pursue the highest performing opportunities in the US with experienced professionals across 10 offices
- RCG’s in-house property management expertise will enhance EQT Exeter’s unique vertical integration and provide expanded services to residents; RCG also brings digital analytics to improve investment and asset management decisions
- Over more than 15 years, RCG has successfully executed 79 transactions in the US, spanning core plus and value-add strategies, and their deep sector expertise and strong reputation, coupled with EQT Exeter’s world-class in-house residential development team, will improve insight on buy versus build decisions
- EQT Exeter and RCG share similar investment philosophies and operating platforms, including a strong commitment to sustainability; EQT Exeter is developing multifamily buildings that are Fitwel and LEED certified, including the first Fitwel certified residential building in Philadelphia
- RCG will leverage EQT Exeter’s existing…