The Blockchain for Government Initiative is led by Bitcoin Association, the Switzerland-based non-profit organisation that works to advance use of the Bitcoin SV blockchain, protocol and distributed data network. The Initiative works with government bodies, NGOs and public sector agencies to advance large-scale implementations of blockchain technology for the benefit of citizens, including through the delivery of e-government services, tools for greater financial inclusion and improved transparency, as well as applications that foster public good for municipalities and entire countries.
BSV’s Blockchain for Government Initiative brought an international delegation to Sudan, led by Bitcoin Association Founding President Jimmy Nguyen (USA) together with Ahmed Yousif, co-founder of Black Stone Data Solutions (Yousif was born in Sudan and now lives in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia). They were joined by CEOs and founders of blockchain businesses working across a range of industries, spanning healthcare, supply chain management, financial services and smart cities, along with senior representatives from Bitcoin Association, including:
- Muhammad Salman Anjum – Chief Mate at InvoiceMate and Head of the BSV Hub for the Middle East & South Asia (UAE/Pakistan)
- Mohammed Ibrahim Jega – co-founder of Domineum Blockchain Solutions (Nigeria)
- Stephan Nilsson – CEO of UNISOT and Abendum (Norway)
- Robert Rice – CEO of Transmira (USA)
- Phillip Runyan – managing partner of Veridat (