STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga., July 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — sonnen, a global market leader in smart residential energy storage today announced the launch of sonnenCommunity New York Virtual Power Plant (VPP), a pioneering solar plus battery program for homeowners in New York State. sonnen will be the exclusive hardware and software provider for the program, offering locally generated clean energy at a discounted rate to 200 homes in Westchester County, NY in an initial pilot phase. Sustainable Westchester, a non-profit administering Westchester Power Program and the largest community choice aggregator (CCA) in NY, will act as a premier partner for this project, working with sonnen and local solar contractors to build a dispatchable grid asset which will provide homeowners with resilient backup power, carbon-neutral living and generate revenue for participating in the New York energy market.
The innovative sonnenCommunity NY VPP subscription program offers qualifying new and existing solar customers:
- Solar plus sonnen ecoLinx storage installations via a third-party, investor-owned subscription or direct ownership.
- NY State tax credits, where eligible.
- Lower annual energy costs.
- Safe, reliable backup power and energy security during outages.
- Protection from changes in solar net-metering, time-of-use rates and demand charges.
Further, the program offers residents the opportunity to establish a cleaner energy future for themselves and their neighbors by joining a broader effort…