Here are other top stories from the day:
- Active COVID-19 cases have increased to 18,31,000, the highest in 232 days.
- India reports 282,970 new Covid cases, 441 deaths, and 1,88,157 recoveries in the last 24 hours.
- 8,961 total Omicron cases detected so far
- BJP to finanlise candidates for Goa, Uttarakhand & Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls
- Congress’ list coming up for Uttarakhand Assembly poll
- Kejriwal to declare AAP’s CM candidate for Goa
- WHO panel to meet on Covid booster dose recommendation
- India vs South Africa first ODI today
!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
KPMG fined $5.8 million over Conviviality audit in Britain
The Financial Reporting Council said KPMG, one of the world’s “Big Four” accounting firms, will also have to report to the watchdog identifying the causes of the deficiencies in the 2017 audit, and the steps and remedial action which the firm has taken. The fine was reduced to 3 million pounds for admissions and early settlement of the case, the FRC said.
Australia court sets Jan 20 to issue reasons for dismissal of Djokovic case
The Federal Court of Australia will publish reasons for its dismissal of tennis star Novak Djokovic’s challenge to the cancellation of his visa on Thursday at 0515 GMT, the court said. The reasons will be read out in…