Homeowners escaped with their 2-year-old girl as flames engulfed the 200-year-old house.
LUCKETTS, Va. — A family in Lucketts lost everything to a house fire on Thanksgiving Day.
The fire sparked before noon on Wilt Store road in Loudoun County. A relative on her way to spend Thanksgiving at the house said her uncle Syd Fearing, a local handyman, and wife also lost their beloved pet “Little Dog” and two cats.
The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office pointed the cause of the fire to a malfunction within a golf cart stored on the exterior of the home beneath a covered deck. A relative said the golf car was used to help Fearing, a burn survivor from a fire as a child, used to get around because of a bad leg.
Syd Fearing’s wife was cooking food when the kitchen got dark and the windows were black from the flames. Everyone including their two-year-old granddaughter escaped, but Syd Fearing sustained a minor burn to his forehead.
“My father got severely burned when he was a teenager, so when the EMT’s came and pointed out the burn, he said it was nothing and did not want to make a fuss,” Syd Fearing’s son Zebadiah Fearing told…